Friday, June 01, 2007

Chicago radio D.J. (Electra: Queen of Snark) plays White Stripes new album before June 19th release date and gets a call from Mr. White personally from Spain to Reprimand her.




At 2pm today, during my show, Q101 became the first station in the world to play the new White Stripes album, Icky Thump. It's awesome. It's really, really, unbelievably brilliant and awesome. I was giddy and excited to share it with fellow fans.

At 4pm today, Jack White called Q101's main offices from Spain, where they're touring, looking specifically for me, to yell at me for leaking the album and, in part, being "messed up for the entire (music) business." (Edit - I listened to the call again today, and I apologize for initially misquoting Jack.) I felt like I was going to throw up. Weirdest, most surreal conversation of my life.
(Via djelectra.)

No comments: