Friday, December 08, 2006

The Queen Haters were quite possibly the greatest punk rock band on earth. Actually, they were the greatest band that never was. With Martin Short on vocals, Eugene Levy on Guitar, Andrea Martin on rhythm guitar, Joe Flaherty on bass and John Candy on drums they appeared on Mel's Rockpile (a recurring sketch on SCTV) and proceeded to rock the house with their one and only song "I Hate The Bloody Queen". With lyrics like "I'd like to drown the Queen! Off the coast of Argentine. Throw her off a battleship With her Falkland war machine! She taxes me to death I can't afford me dope. I'd like to get her high Yeah, that would make me laugh." I can't understand why they didn't actually release a single. Couldn't have been any worse than some of the other drivel that was coming out at the time like "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco.

No comments: